- No products in the cart.
How to Find the Perfect Wedding Gown for Your Body Type
At When Freddie met Lilly, we know that brides come in all shapes and sizes – and they’re all beautiful! As women, we tend to focus on our imperfections; our butt is too big, our feet are too narrow, our chest is too small. But the perfect wedding gown for your body type can make any ‘imperfection’ look perfect. Your wedding day is the most important day of your life, and as such, you want to look as good as possible. We can help you find the perfect gown and tailor it so that it looks like it was made just for you.
Different Body Types
There are several different body types and we have designs to fit every one of them. If you don’t know what your body type is, here are a few guidelines:
- Pear: If your hips are wider than your shoulders and waistline, you’re a pear.
- Inverted triangle: If your shoulders are wider than your hip and waistline, you are an inverted triangle.
- Apple: If your shoulders and hips are about the same width, then you’re an apple.
- Hourglass: If your hips and shoulders are the same width, but your waistline is much smaller, you’re an hourglass.
- Rectangle: If your shoulders, waistline and hips are all about the same width, you’re a rectangle.
It’s important to note that there is no right or wrong shape! We must learn to love our bodies, no matter how we were made.
Choosing the perfect wedding gown for your body type
Now that you know your body type, you can look at gowns that suit you best. Here are a few ideas:
- Pear: A flared skirt with upper body lace and detailing will draw attention to where you want it to be. Our Christina Gown is the perfect choice for a romantic and charming look. A structured bodice and a full, tulle skirt make this an ideal choice for any pear shape bride.
- Apple: Choose a bodice that has plenty of texture to it, like ruche or lace detailing. You’ll want it cinched at the waist, to create a corset-like effect. Our Isla Gown is the perfect choice, with its elegant style, intricate detailing and a fitted skirt.
- Hourglass: Almost any of our dresses will suit an hourglass figure. Our Christie Gown is the perfect blend of mesh, lace and flower detailing along the sleeves and bodice.
- Rectangle: You want to look for a gown that gives the illusion of curves. Our Violet Gown has a fitted waist that is detailed with delicate waterlily lace along the edge.
If you’re in the Brisbane area and want to shop for the perfect gown, we can definitely accommodate. Our shop has all of the latest styles, including modern and vintage looks. No matter what your body type, at When Freddie met Lilly we help you find the perfect gown for your special day. We’ll make sure that you look your absolute best. Your groom is sure to fall in love with you all over again.