- No products in the cart.
Seven Easy Tips for Your First Visit to When Freddie met Lilly; Your Choice of Formal Dress Shops Brisbane
No matter if you are choosing your gown for your first formal, a cocktail dress for a more dressy business meeting, or the dress for your most important day, there are some things you need to take into consideration beforehand.
You want a quality designer gown (or suit for your man) that you will look and feel great in and that you won’t want to take off again!
If you are in Brisbane, come and visit us! We’ll be happy to book your personal appointment. You’ll be warmly welcomed in our private showroom for your very own special experience. This is where you’ll find the best of the formal dress shops Brisbane has to offer!
(Not able to visit us in Brisbane City? Contact us to find one of our select boutiques near you. Otherwise, you’re just a click away from our virtual formal fashion world.)
You are nervous, excited and overwhelmed all at the same time! We’ll help you. Book an appointment with us.
Follow these seven easy steps and get exactly what you are looking for at When Freddie met Lilly; your choice of formal dress shops Brisbane.
We have made it our business to create fabulous designer gowns which will flatter every body. We know that standard sizes don’t always work. They are a starting point from which we customise and accessorise, to present our customers with unique and complimenting designer bridal and formal gowns.
1. Try on all the dresses you want – go ahead! Try them all on! Our experts at when Freddie met Lilly will help you through our amazing collections. You will see for yourself, on your own body, which specific silhouette, colours and fabrics suit you and your style. We promise you: a gown looks different when it is on the hanger to on your body!
2. Bring someone along for support! You are welcome to bring someone you love and trust. Girlfriends, sisters, mums or your man. Bring them with you as long as you feel comfortable with them. They are welcome.
3. Do a little research before you come to your appointment. Take a look at our collections on your preferred platform. If you are reading this, you’ve found our website. You’ll find us on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram, too! You’ll find lots of inspiration there. Note your preferences and come prepared with colours and styles that you like.
We’ve prepared ourselves, too: our experts at When Freddie met Lilly are proud to be able to present you with the best designs, hand-picked fabrics and colour range available. Our brilliant designer is always on the lookout for new high-quality textile sources to create fantastic bridal and formal gown styles just for you!
4. Just the same: be open minded – you never know what is going to look and feel amazing. It may be the complete opposite of what you imagined. We offer you made-to-measure service; regardless whether you are extra voluptuous, wonderfully curvy, long waisted, slim hipped or what your cup size is. We know how to make the perfect dress with you and for you. Our gowns are available any way you would like them; the skirt can be cut floor-length or cocktail length, and bustles can be added or taken away to suit your style and figure.
If you would feel more comfortable with a change in design such as added sleeves, just ask. We will be happy to work with you to make your gown exactly to your wishes. Since we hand-dye our fabrics, most of our designs are available in up to 70 colours. Depending on your complexion, hair and eye colour and what your partner is going to wear, almost any colour goes!
5. Trust your “gut feeling”. It happens again and again that the dress chooses its owner. You’ve just got to let it happen.
6. Refine your list of tops and flops. Don’t forget the “maybes”! Book a second appointment.
7. Sleep on it, come back and try on your top 3 gowns.
We’re looking forward to seeing you!
PS: Is your man looking for a stylish suit to wear to your wedding or formal? Get an eyeful of our When Freddie met Lilly designer suit selection. We’ll custom fit to make the perfect suit he’ll love to wear! We can also hand-make his Thai silk tie, kerchief or pocket square to match your gown. When Freddie met Lilly; your choice of designer formal dress shops Brisbane or shipped anywhere in the world; we have just what you are looking for.