- No products in the cart.
10 Tips to find the Wedding Dress of your Dreams
When it comes to planning your special day, every last detail must be considered. After all, you want your wedding to be perfect! Finding the wedding dress of your dreams is an essential part of making sure your day will be both perfect and memorable.
1. Determine your budget: You can’t start shopping until you know what you can afford. There is no sense looking for and finding the perfect dress, and then realizing you can’t purchase it! Not only is that a waste of time, but it’s also a recipe for disappointment.
2. Be flexible: While it’s a good idea to have an idea of the type of dress you want, it’s important to be flexible to your options. Try on a variety of different styles. You can’t judge how it will look on you until you model it. We at When Freddie met Lilly can help you select a few different dress varieties that will suit your body type and tastes.
3. Limit your entourage: While you certainly want advice from those you trust, too much advice can prevent you from making a confident choice. Choose one or two people whose advice you trust to help.
4. Schedule your appointment on a weekday: Generally, shops are less busy during the weekday hours. You want to be able to browse casually and try on a selection of dresses without too much hustle and bustle from other shoppers.
5. Research your options: A bridal shop such as When Freddie met Lilly in Brisbane, offers an array of styles and designs that can quickly become overwhelming if you’re not sure what you’re looking for. Look through bridal magazines or research online at sites like Pinterest. Make a list of styles you like.
6. Match your dress with your theme: If you’re having a themed wedding based on your favourite movie or adventure, you’ll want a dress that fits just right. From simple and elegant, like the Annika Gown, or the elaborately detailed and gorgeous Addie Gown, your dress should match your ambience.
7. Move around: Don’t just stand in front of a mirror once you try a dress on; move around and even sit in a chair; you are going to be wearing this for an entire day, so you want to make sure it’s both comfortable and flexible.
8. Consider your overall décor: Are you getting married on the beach, or in a cathedral? Are you going to have an afternoon brunch or a more formal sit-down dinner in a great hall? Choose your dress based on the environment and style of wedding you’ve chosen.
9. Don’t choose impulsively: Don’t choose the first dress you try on. Try on several and then make a short list of your favourites. Between your trusted advisors and our expertise at When Freddie met Lilly, you’ll be able to make an informed and confident choice.
10. Envision your special day: How do you want to feel in the wedding dress of your dreams? What do you envision as you prepare to marry the love of your life? Choose a dress that makes you feel like the bride you were born to be.
We at When Freddie met Lilly in Brisbane can help you find the wedding dress of your dreams. Visit us today for more information.